The Amazing Chicken Enchiladas (Gluten Free)
These enchiladas are made extra exciting by toping with fried egg. This homemade recipe stays true to the authentic Mexican classic. They are a favorite comfort food you can find in any Mexican restaurant. And gluten free too!
Serves: 9 rolls
1 pound Ground Chicken
1 medium Onion
9 corn tortilla
1 can olives
1/4 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
1 tsp - cumin
1 large bag of Mexican cheese
1. Coat large pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Brown chicken over medium heat along with the onions. Pour 1/4 cup chicken broth. When it is no longer pink, it's cooked. Sprinkle cumin and garlic powder. Add the can of olives. Mix well and sent aside.
2. We need to soften the tortillas: Heat store bought or homemade enchilada sauce on low heat. While waiting, fry each tortilla on a separate pan for 5 seconds each sides. Then dip it in the sauce. Set aside. Repeat for all 9 tortillas.
Option/Alternate: You can also microwave tortillas for 30 seconds. This will soften the tortillas making it easy to wrap the chicken later. After microwaving, dip it in to the enchilada sauce and set aside.
3. Preheat oven 350 F. Coat the bottom of one (13 by 9-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken in to tortilla. sprinkle some cheese. and wrap in slowly. Place it on to the coated pan with the seam side down. and repeat until all 9 tortilla are done. The more packed the dish is the better it will hold the chicken and tortilla.
5. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese
6.Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7.While waiting fry one egg per serving. Put it on top of the baked enchilada dish along with some sour cream and coleslaw
Homemade Enchilada Sauce:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup chili powder
2 cups chicken stock
10 ounces tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil, add flour.
2. Stir occasionally with wooden spoon.
3. Cook for 1 minute. Add chili powder, cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add stock, tomato paste, oregano, and cumin. Stir with spoon to combine.
5. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. The sauce with thicken. Add more seasoning to taste
Click on the link below for recipes.