A funky and experimental blend of flavors. This dish is for tart lemon lovers looking for a full entrée experience.
4 Chicken thighs
9 cloves garlic
1/3 dry white wine or dry sherry
2 lemons grated (about 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
2 lemon, cut in wedges
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Warm olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Do not brown the garlic.
2. Take the pan off the stove. In a small bowl, add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Place the chicken skin dry up into a baking dish. Pour the sauce over. Add a little bit more olive oil if you want.
4. Liberally salt and pepper the chicken
5. Cut the lemon in wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
6. Bake it for 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
7. But it under broiler for 2 minutes to brown the chicken.
8. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest on the counter for two minutes.
9. Serve with rice.