Going gluten-free was difficult at first beucase most of my recipes called for wheat flour or pastas. The one thing I thought I would never make again is lasagna. I found a local store that carries all kinds of gluten free pastas . luckily they had gluten free lasagna noodles. I was so excited! The melting layers of cheeses, sauce, meat are incrdebly delicious.
I didn't have to think twice; I bought 2 packages of lasagna noddles and it right when I got home. Oh boy – it was so good. I couldn't even taste the difference between this and normal lasagna. Actually, I could... this one was better!
I learned a couple of things when cooking Gluten-Free lasagna noodles: it takes longer time to cook (took me about 15 minutes) than regular lasagna noodles and they break apart easier.
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 onion chopped
1 package mushroom. About 3-4 cups.
1 (28 ounce) Gluten Free Organicville Pasta Sauce (Featured Products)
1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
1 pint whole milk ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 (16 ounce) package Tinkyada Brown Rice Gluten Free Lasagna (Featured Products)
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees 2
2. In a large skillet, cook and stir ground turkey until brown. Add mushroom and onions; sauté until onions are transparent.
3. Combine sauce with the turkey mixture. Let it simmer for 5-10 min. Set aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and eggs.
5. Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in a 13 X 9 pan. Layer with cooked lasagna noodles, then layer with ricotta cheese mixtures, then meat sauce then finally mozzarella cheese (remember to divide the 8 ounces mozzarella cheese).
6.Repeat until you've used all the ingredients. Cover the top with rest of 1/2 cup mozzarella.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 45 min. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes until the top is browned.