This recipe was a whacky accident. I knew I wanted eggs and bacon for breakfast and I knew I was sick of seeing unused mason jars in the cabinets. The result is this recipe. All it needed was a little creativity.
If you plan on keeping leftovers.... don't. Old eggs and soggy bacon are no bueno.
5 room temperature eggs
2 large potatoes
5 turkey bacon
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
5 4 ounce mason jars (Featured Products)
2 diced scallions for garnish
1. Boil potatoes until cooked. It will take around 15 minutes. Mash and set aside.
2. Mix the mashed potatoes with salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, butter and cream. Put aside
3. Bake turkey bacon according to package instructions. Set aside.
4. Scoop Some potatoes into a mason jar, crack an egg. Repeat this 5 times.
5. Put the jars in a big pot. Pour water in it until it reaches the mason right in the middle. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Cut bacon in halves and put it on top of each mason jars.
6. Garnish with scallions
7. Serve hot.