This south-of-the-border snack makes an excellent appitizer for those looking to add a fresh tex-mex taste to thier kitchen.
6 medium sized chicken breast cut into pieces
2 large chopped fresh tomatoes
1 small onion
1 jar (16 ounces) Herdez Gluten Free Salsa Verde (Featured Products)
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 package taco cheese or manchego cheese
2 avocado cut in quarters
1 lime, squeezed
salt and pepper
1. Lightly spray crock pot with cooking spray
2. Salt and pepper the chicken and place it in crock pot
3. Add tomatoes, onion, salsa verde, cumin, and chili powder
4. Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high
5. Shred the chicken or leave it as is
6. Adjust seasoning if you'd like
7. Serve on top of flat tacos, regular tacos or soft tacos.
8. Squeeze lime juice on top, top it with cheese and finally place a piece of avocado of the taco.