This is my first pasta dish with fish in it. I never thought the two would go together. I was wrong! I experimented with flavors, tasting what would go well together.
You know what goes great with anything? cheese, cream, and more cream! I also added peas for extra color and to feel more healthy.
Oh my! This is one of my favorite things to eat for dinner. The cream smoothes out the taste. It was so delicious, I had seconds.... and thirds!
4 cups Barilla Gluten Free Rotini pasta (Featured Product)
1 pound salmon fillet, cut in chunks
2 large lemon, juiced
2 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil for pasta
6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
2/3 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
more parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan. Cook salmon and set aside.
2. Cook the pasta to just al dente. Cook it a couple of minutes than package tells you to.
Drain then mix in the butter or olive oil and set aside.
3. Heat the cream in a large sauté pan. Add the frozen peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the cooked pasta, salmon and a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Mix everything well and gently.
4. Adjust salt and pepper or add more cheese if necessary
5. Garnish with more parmesan cheese. Serve hot.