Tofu Summer Rolls w/ Peanut Sauce (GF)
When I buy spring rolls from a restaurant, I think they must be easy to make. Well I finally gave it a shot myself and I was wrong.
Wrapping spring rolls with thin and delicate rice paper is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done.
Look at the picture below, they look a little funky ; )
So remember, practice makes perfect! Don't be upset if they don't look restaurant quality on your first try. One suggestion i have is to stack two rice paper instead of one.
Servings: 10 rolls
10 Greenland Spring Roll Rice Wraps (Featured Products)
30 baked soy tofu cut lengthwise (see below on how to bake tofu)
10 piece green lettuce leaves
1/2 english cucumber cut into strips
2 thinly cut medium size carrots
1. Place a wide, shallow bowl of warm water on your table. Lay a clean kitchen towel next to the bowl
2. Dip one rice paper for a few second until it softens. Lay it flat.
3. Using the towel, gently pat dry the rice paper.
4. Center a lettuce leaf on top of the rice papers. Top it with strip of cucumber, carrots and 3 tofu strips.
5. Lift the bottom edge of the rice paper up and over the filling and then roll once to form a tight cylinder. Fold in the sides of the rice paper and continue to roll the paper.
6. Set aside, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining rice paper and filling ingredients to make 10 rolls.
If your rice paper isn't holding the filling, use 2 rice paper instead.
1. Soak one rice paper until soft , pat dry using a paper towel.
2. Soak the second rice wrap. Pat dry again using the towel.
3. Start filling in the paper wraps (Direction 4, above)
How to Bake Tofu
1 package extra firm tofu
1/2 Kikoman Gluten Free Soy Sauce (Featured Products)
1. Pat dry tofu
2. Marinate Tofu in soy sauce. For about one hour (flip the tofu, halfway).
3. Gently, pat dry tofu.
4. Cut tofu into strips.
5. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
6. Spray a 13 X 9 pan with cooking spray
7. Place tofu in the pan
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
Peanut Sauce with Siracha
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons Kikoman Gluten Free Soy Sauce (Featured Products)
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
1-2 tablespoons warm water, or more as needed
1. Wisk together all ingredients (except for water) until smooth.
2. Slowly add water until you reached desired thinness
3. Adjust to taste.