I find that the color of regular rice krispies is boring. Don't you?
A neighbor of mine has two kids and I wanted to give them a more exciting rice krispies. I went to the grocery store and picked out a colorful cereal. Here, I used fruity pebbles. They were a hit!
Servings: 9 bars
4 tablespoons butter
8 cups mini marshmallows, divided
½ teaspoon himalayan salt
3 cups Barbara's Bakery Gluten Free Organic Brown Rice Crisps (Featured Product)
4 cups fruity pebble cereal
1. Spray a 9x9 pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium-low heat
3. Once the butter is melted add in 6 cups (out of 8) of the mini marshmallows and salt, stirring constantly until they're melted. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Immediately stir in both cereals until coated with the melted marshmallows. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
5. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly.
6. Allow the bars to set up for at least two hours before cutting into squares.