Open-Faced Mushroom Sandwich
Since I do most of my blogging on weekends my weekends are surprisingly busier than my weekdays. I always try to find a time to make myself something easy for lunch and this “sandwich” do the job. You just roast everything in the oven, stack it up and drizzle it with your favorite balsamic vinegar. So tasty, very healthful and very easy to make.
1 portabello mushroom
½ yellow pepper
2 inch thick fresh mozzarella
handful of fresh spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. n a baking pan, drizzle some olive oil on top of the mushroom and pepper.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
4. Pat dry the excess water of the mushroom with paper towel.
5. Take the fresh mozzarella and top it with fresh basil and olive oil and put it in the pan with the mushroom and peppers
6. Bake for another 10 minutes. Total of 20-25 minutes cooking.
7. While waiting, toss a handful of spinach with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
8. Take the mushroom, peppers and mozzarella out of the oven. Dry the mushroom more if necessary.
9.Stack it in this order (mushroom, peppers, mozzarella, spinach)
10. Drizzle with more balsamic if desired.
11. Serve fresh and warm.