A gluten free guilty pleasure, these mozzarella sticks have a perfectly crisp exterior and delicious, melty cheese center.
Servings: 12 sticks
1 cup Bob's red mill gluten free flour (Featured Products)
1 cup Aleia's Gluten- Free Italian Breadcrumbs (Featured Products)
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
12 string cheese cut in halves
1 jar gluten free marinara sauce.
1. Line up three bowls on your counter. On the first bowl, whisk together flour and salt. On second bowl, wisk eggs and on the third plate, place breadcrumbs.
2. Roll string cheese in flour, coating well. You don’t want any bare spots on the cheese stick.
3. Roll cheese stick in egg, coating thoroughly. Finally, roll coated sticks in bread crumbs. Place coated stick on a large dish.
4. Chill cheese sticks for five minutes.
5.Heat 1/2-inch of oil in an 8-inch frying pan. Once it reaches 365F, it is ready. You could also sprinkle a little gluten free flour on the surface of the oil. If flour sizzles, oil is ready.
6.Place six cheese sticks into the pan. Fry for 30 seconds. Turn the cheese stick and fry for another 30 seconds.
7. Serve with gluten free marinara sauce.