Strawberry "Ice Cream"
It's better late than never right??? As I promised on my last post, I was going to post what I bake on my birthday. Well, I didn't bake anything like I thought I was going to do. I ended up making a quick ice cream. Here it is. I added strawberries to make it colorful. It's one of my favorite desserts ever. Even though it's ice cream, It's still very light to me.
As for my birthday, I didn't do anything because I had interviews back to back all day. I guess it's better not having any. I take it as a gift to myself. Being able to interviews at amazing companies with amazing people is a blessing. I cannot say the company since I do not want to jinx anything. : )
Anyway, This ice cream is so easy to make and very refreshing. Remember when you're making this, to not add water. If you are using fresh strawberries instead of frozen, make sure you dry the strawberries very well after you wash them. You do not want this to turn into ice when you freeze it.
1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup heavy cream
fresh strawberries and granola for topping
1. Blend strawberries until fully chopped in a blender, once blended put it in a container and set aside.
2. Using the same blender, blend heavy whipped cream, vanilla and sugar.
3. QUICKLY mix the cream with the strawberries, cover it and put it in the freezer.
4. Freeze for 3-4 hours and it is ready to be served.
5. Top it with fresh strawberries and granola!
For homemade granola recipe, click here.