If you love almonds, the smell of almonds, you will LOVE this cake. I'm not a baker and I'm not very good at it. I prefer cooking a meal. Partly because when cooking a meal, there are no hard rules on how much condiments or seasoning you can put.
You can cook based on your preference. if you like spicy, add more spice if you like salt then add more salt. Weather you add more or less, as long you you stay in a range, the meal will taste great. In baking on the other hand... everything has to be EXACT or else you can really ruin it.
If you are feeling lazy, don't worry! the cake itself is delicious so don't feel like the raspberries will make a ton of difference. I is definitely good with it but the cake itself is the star of this recipe.
The reason why I made a filling was because Mitchell loves raspberries. He likes the cake with or without the frosting but he prefers it with but I prefer it without.
This is so moist and so delicious. I even had it for breakfast! It's almost like a pound cake. It's light tasting, and moist. I love it. I also think that the taste gets better and better each day.
It looks good in every angle! Trust me it taste as good as it looks!
1 -7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
1/2 cup sugar
8 tablespoons room temperature butter
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup gluten-free cake flour
1. Grease 4 small circular baking pans, set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F
3. In a small bowl, add grated almond paste, sugar and butter. Mix everything using a mixer on low. 4. Beat for 2-3 minutes
5. Add eggs, one at a time beating on high in between. Beat for 2-3 minutes until batter is light and fluffy
5. Fold in cake flour into the mixture. (this is very important). Fold it gently. Do not beat or stir!
6. Spread batter into the pan evenly
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool for about an hour
9. Spread some butter cream on top of one cake and place another cake on top.
10. Place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
11. Eat in 3-5 days
3 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons whipping cream
2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Mix together sugar and butter using a mixer. Mix on low until it is blended.
2. Add vanilla, cream. Beat for 3 minutes.
3. Fold in the raspberries
4. Put it in the fridge