I medium sized eggplant
2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper
salt and pepper to season the eggplant
2 cups marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Slice the ends of the eggplant. Slice them into 1/4 inch thick, lengthwise
3. Lay them out in baking pan. Pat them dry using paper towel.
4. Season both sides of each eggplant with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 20 min.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, 1/4 of fresh basil, salt, pepper and egg.
7. Remove eggplant slices from the oven.
8. Spoon about 2 TBS of ricotta mixture to the eggplant slices then roll it up. Repeat this until you've used all the eggplant.
9. In a 11X7 baking pan, pour 1 cup of marinara sauce. Add all the roll ups (seam down). Pour the remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce. Top to with the rest of fresh basil and mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese turns golden brown (25 min). Serve warm!