Chicken adobo is a very popular Filipino dish. Every non Filipino has heard of or tried chicken adobo and they only have good things to say about this dish. It’s extra tangy and savory. It’s down right masarap (masarap means yummy in tagalog).
Every time I make this recipe, I make huge batches of it, even though there’s only two people at our house. Why? It’s a favorite that taste even better the next day. The fat from the chicken soak up the vinegar and soy flavor filling every bite with Filipino flavor.
5 pounds - Chicken Thigh/Chicken Legs
1/2 onion (optional)
1 1/2 head bulb - garlic
3 cups white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 cup Gluten Free Kikoman Soy Sauce (Featured Products)
3 tablespoons garlic powder
salt and pepper
1. Marinade chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, tomatoes, and 1 bulb of garlic cloves.
2. Put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
3. Sauté the rest of garlic and onion
4. Pour marinade
5. Simmer on low-medium for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender. Do not stir.
6. Make your rice while you wait for your chicken to cook
7. After the chicken is tender stir gently then put on a separate plate. (reserve the sauce)
8. Oil a pan. Brown the chicken on the pan then put back on the pot with the reserve sauce.
9. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve with rice.