This vegetarian noodle dish swims in a sweet thai sauce complimented by the crunch of fresh sprouts and crushed peanuts.
8 ounces pad thai rice noodles.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 small onion chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1 pack tofu cut chop into small cubes and baked in oven.
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoon San-J Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (Featured Products)
1 medium lime or 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Gluten-Free Read Boat Fish sauce (Featured Products)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 green onions, chopped
1 pack bean sprouts
How to bake Tofu
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. Cut tofu in cubes. Lay tofu flat on the baking sheet.
3. Drizzle more olive oil and bake for 30- 40 minutes until the color is light brown. Make sure to 4.Flip tofu midway through.
5. Set aside
1. Prepare pad thai noodles according to instructions. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetables oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions and carrot and cook until tender. Mix in the baked tofu and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs lightly with a fork. Pour them into the skillet and cook until they solidify. Move eggs around the skillet slightly as they cook so they are light scramble. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
Pour sauce into the skillet with the scrambled eggs. Add the noodles and tofu mixture. Toss to coat in the sauce.
5. Sprinkle with green onions, crushed peanuts and handful of bean sprouts. Toss lightly to combine. Serve warm!