Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup (Filipino Sopas)
1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in cubes
3 cups of shredded purple cabbage
3 stalked celery, chopped
1 small medium, diced
3/4 cups carrots, diced
12 oz evaporated milk
2 1/2 cup gluten-free macaroni
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 cups chicken broth
6 cups water
salt and pepper
4 TBS butter
1. Heat oil in a pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in low heat. Once done, set aside.
2. Heat more oil in pan and melt butter. Once the butter is melted, sauce onion, carrot, and celery for 4 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Pour chicken broth and water. Let it boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add the macaroni and cook for 12 minutes (or until the macaroni is cooked)
6. Adjust seasoning. Add more water if necessary.
7. Pour the milk in and let it boil.
8. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.